Saturday, February 13, 2010

Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day ♥ A holiday for lovers and a time where singles find themselves feeling more vulnerable and lonely then they would on any other normal day. I'm NOT a cynic, but I'm not a HUGE fan of the holiday. Heart shaped candie boxes, couples holding hands, excessively nauseating amounts of PDA...just unnecessary. Though, it can be seen negatively - Valentine's Day also gives hope. There are millions of people everyday who lose faith in humanity & love...I even find myself occassionally wondering if maybe love is just make believe. V-Day reminds us that love does exist - whether it's the love of a bestfriend, a sister or brother, or even a significant other. Love is everywhere. On February 12th, the Valentine's Day movie of the season - Valentine's Day was released. In it are celebrities such as - Patrick Dempsey, Jennifer Gardner, Jamie Foxx, Taylor Lautner, Ashton Kutcher and so many more. At first, I assumed that since there are so many A-List celebrities in it that the plot would have more to be desired but it was perfect. I'm not going to give away details but I truly enjoyed it. I laughed, I 'aww'ed, and I enjoyed every last minute of it.



No comments:

Post a Comment